Remedial education is used for children who have average intelligence but fall behind in reading, writing, arithmetic for various reasons. It is particularly useful for children with learning disability (Dyslexia Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia).
Remedial education helps to strengthen a child's weakness pertaining to learning based on the following approaches:
- Consistent/intensive one to one training.
- Enrolling Support from the school.
- Simplifying the lessons, using flow charts, flash cards etc.
- Use various modalities (Visual, Auditory and Tactile) to enhance learning. Learning is more effective when concepts are experienced or seen.
- Ensure understanding of content learned by making him/her work regularly on assessment sheets/question papers prepared along similar lines to those followed in school.