Psychological tests are scientific measures used to understand mental and emotional functioning of children and adults.
There are many different areas for which psychological tests may be applied. Our center offers the following:
- IQ Assessment
IQ tests are ways to understand and establish intelligence by measuring one's ability to form concepts, solve problems, acquire information, think, reason and use language and creativity. Knowing IQ can help understand one’s potential for performance and success in different areas of life.
We assess IQ using various tools like:
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC)
- Malin’s Intelligence Scale for Children (MISIC)
- Wechsler Adult Performance Intelligence Test (WAPIS)
- Test Battery for Intellectual Disability
- Seguin Form Board Test (SFB)
- Binet Kamat Intelligence Test (BKT)
- Vineland Social Maturity Scale (VSMS)
- Developmental Screening Test (DST)
- Pediatric Development Screening Test (PDST)
- Assessment for Specific Learning Disability
SLD is a kind of neuro-developmental disorder that impedes the child’s ability to learn or use specific academic skills (e.g. reading, writing or arithmetic). LD is a chronic condition which results in poor academic performance, inviting critical reactions and pressure from parents and teachers alike. This usually results in increasing the child’s suffering resulting in various related emotional disturbances like anxiety, esp. related to academics and school, school refusal, poor self-esteem, poor self-confidence, social phobia, amongst others. Contrary to popular belief, even among children with normal intelligence, as many as 1 out of every 5 children have some form of LD. However, children can be taught ways to get around their specific difficulties, through specially designed and tailored educational programs, ensuring satisfactory academic performances.
The tests used for this includes:
- BRIGANCE, SLD LEVEL I & II
- Dyslexia Screening Test
- Aptitude Testing
Aptitude tests are used to determine an individual’s natural propensity to succeed in certain areas by assessing one’s inherent strengths and weaknesses. It helps people to select their future area of study or career.
We use the following tests:
- General Aptitude Test Battery (GATB)
- Engineering Aptitude Test Battery (EATB)
- Scientific Aptitude Battery Test (SATB)
- Multi factor Interest Questionnaire (MFIQ)
- Self-Directed Search (SDS)
- Personality Testing
Personality assessments involve use of empirically supported measures of personality traits and styles to help refine clinical diagnoses, conceptualize and formulate psychological interventions and increase the accuracy of behavioral prediction in a variety of contexts and settings (e.g. clinical, social, organizational)
- Children Apperception Test (CAT)
- Thematic Apperception Test (TAT)
- Rorschach Ink Blot Test (ROR)
- Millon’s Clinical Multi-axial Inventory (MCMI)
- NEO-PI, Draw A Person Test (DAP)
- Raven’s Color Progressive Test(RCPT)
- House Tree Person (HTP)
- HSPQ, 16 PF
- ANXIETY- HAM-A/D, BDI/CDI
- Neuro-psychological testing
These tests are used to evaluate patients who have experienced a traumatic brain injury, brain damage or organic neurological problems (e.g. dementia). It may also be used to evaluate the progress of a patient who has undergone treatment or rehabilitation for a neurological injury or illness.